The daily skin care with cosmetic products does not always solve a problem of acne. Medical products which will help to clean the skin and remove a cause of acne will be more effective in the treatment of severe forms of acne. An absolute leader is a medicine Accutane which can restore a natural beauty of the skin of any person.
Accutane is a synthetic analogue of Vitamin A which contains Isotretinoin. This medicine is not a first-line drug in the acne therapy because it has a strong action and changes metabolism in the skin cells.
The use of Accutane favors a reduction of the sebum formation and fastens a regeneration in the skin cells. Due to these processes, a chance of the pore clogging is reduced and the inflammatory processes are decreased on the skin.
The therapeutic effect of Accutane exceeds expectations. It prevents a formation of acne and has a healing function, makes the skin smooth, lowers the probability of scars, and also reduces pigment spots.
The pharmacological action of Accutane occurs by means of its high activity in epithelium. It stimulates a synthesis of collagen, provides antioxidant action, takes part in the oxidant processes of the skin and regulates metabolic processes.
Indications for the use
- Keratinization disorder
- Excess sebum
- Hidradenitis suppurativa
In what dose is Accutane used?
The Accutane capsules are taken once per day at any time. The medicine can be taken both before and after eating. The acne treatment begins with a minimal dose of Accutane 0,5 mg per 1 kg of the body weight. If a body weight of a patient is 70 kg, the daily dose of Accutane will be 35 mg.
If the minimal daily dose of Accutane does not cause side effects and a more intense therapeutic effect is needed, the dose may be increased up to 1 mg of Accutane per 1 kg of the body weight.
It is very important to take Accutane for not more than 5 months even in the minimal dose. The optimal course of the treatment usually takes 3-4 months. The prolonged effect of the drug to the human body is not completely studied, and there is a chance of severe side effects during the use of Accutane for more than 5 months.
In case of the overdose, there may be signs of hypervitaminosis A: nausea, vomiting, pain in joints, severe dry skin, skin allergic reaction, and liver dysfunction.
In case of the first signs of the overdose of Accutane, a gastric lavage is needed. And visit a doctor.
- Due to the probable development of hypervitaminosis A, it is recommended to avoid a simultaneous use of Accutane with retinol, and other peroral retinoids.
- It is medically proved that Accutane lowers the efficiency of the peroral progesterone contraceptives, and therefore their efficiency can be weak
- Tetracycline and aminoglycosides can cause the high intracranial pressure during the interaction with Accutane, so that severe consequences may occur
- Isotretinoin provides an intense teratogenic action, and therefore it is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation
- If you are planning pregnancy, Accutane should be cancelled at least 6 months before impregnation
- Accutane is not prescribed during severe liver diseases.