If you are tired, lack of energy and insomnia bothers you, Ambien will help you. This medicine will help to improve sleep and reduce discomfort related to insomnia.
Ambien is a sleeping-pill with short-term period. It contains an active ingredient Zolpidem. This is one of the most effective and safest sedatives approved by FDA on the pharmaceutical market.
Ambien is quickly absorbed by the body and begins working in 30 minutes after the peroral use. According to the mechanism of the pharmacological action, Ambien is similar to benzodiazepine drugs. It selectively binds to some benzodiazepine receptors and causes a relaxing and calming action. A soporific action of Ambien is manifested in lower doses than during the use of other sedatives.
Using Ambien reduces a period of falling asleep and amount of the night awakenings. Due to the increased phase of the deep sleep, a human better restores energy and has a good rest. After the use of Ambien, there is no fatigue, or sleepiness. A human get sup with full energy and rested in the morning.
Indications for the use
- Insomnia caused by psychological disorders and nervous excitement
- Disorder of sleep caused by changed time zone or shift work schedules
- Frequent night awakenings caused by somatic/psychological disorders
In what dose is Ambien used?
To improve the sleep quality and reduce time of falling asleep, patients are recommended to take a pill of Ambien 10 mg 30 minutes before sleeping. This is the maximal therapeutic dose which does not cause side effects and works in 100% of cases.
Senior patients or patients with diseases of heart should take a pill of Ambien 5 mg, and the dose will be increased up to 10 mg per day if the side effects or therapeutic effect is absent.
The length of the use of Ambien 10 mg depends on the cause and severity of insomnia. During transient insomnia, a recommended course of the treatment is 2-5 days, and if situational insomnia needs 2-3 weeks. The pills should not be used more than 28 days. The prolonged use of Ambien can cause an addiction.
During the overdose with Ambien, the following side effects often appear:altered mental status (confusion, excessive sleepiness, confusion, coma), ataxia, and side effects of the cardiovascular system. These symptoms need a medical intervention and a gastric lavage.
- If you are taking Ambien, avoid alcohol consumption and ethanol-containing products
- If you are taking hypotensive drugs, the use of Ambien can cause a stronger action
- Any drugs inhibiting central nervous system(barbiturates, anxiolytics/sedatives antidepressants, narcotic analgesics, MAO inhibitors, etc.) enhance the action of Ambien, and therefore the simultaneous use is contraindicated
- Ambien should not be used by women during pregnancy and lactation
- If you are under 18 years old, Ambien is not recommended
- Using Ambien may cause different behavior or mental reactions, so that an emotional state should be controlled
- A potentially dangerous activity should be restricted during the use of Ambien.