You cannot relax and are too impressible to anything, are not you? You probably notice a severe fatigue lately and are regularly strung up. If you are similar to these symptoms and you want to get rid of them, Ativan drug will help you.
Ativan is a tranquilizer which removes a muscle fatigue and helps to restore a normal sleep regimen. It contains an active ingredient Lorazepam.
Ativan interacts with benzodiazepine receptors and increases the action of gamma-aminobutyric acid to the central nervous system. Gamma-aminobutyric acid provides a sedative action, lowers the agitation of the central nervous system, improves sleep, and reduces muscle tension.
Using Ativan removes troubles with falling asleep and improves the quality of sleep, reduces the amount of the night awakenings. Besides the recovery of psyche, Ativan provides a therapeutic action during different somatic and physiological disorders. Patients with high muscle tension may feel the reduction of the frequency of the muscle spasms during the use of Ativan.
Indications for the use
- Sleep disturbances, including those caused by anxiety
- Psychosomatic disorders
- Endogenous psychoses
- Panic disorder
In what dose is Ativan used?
To remove tension and hypertension of the muscle tissue, Ativan is taken in the dose of 1 mg 2-3 times per day. The pills should be used before meals and with enough water.
Ativan 2 mg is used 2-3 times per day for the maintaining therapy. According to the medical indications, the daily dose of Ativan may be increased up to 10 mg divided into 3 times but it can be used only under qualified doctor’s supervision
The overdose of Ativan is dangerous because it does not have intense symptoms at first. A human experiences severe sleepiness, high blood pressure, and then all reflexes slow down and coma may occur. In case of any signs of the intense discomfort after the use of the high dose of Ativan, it is necessary to go to a doctor and have a gastric lavage.
- Do not take ethanol during the treatment
- Ativan enhances the action of products influencing on the central nervous system, and therefore it is necessary to be cautious
- If you are taking or took MAO inhibitors, at least 2 weeks should pass before taking Ativan
- Ativan is contraindicated during: acute alcohol intoxication, myasthenia gravis, and angle-closure glaucoma.
- Ativan may be prohibited during organic diseases of the brain, and therefore it is better to consult a doctor and discuss an individual course of the treatment
- Ativan should not be used during pregnancy or breast-feeding
- Using Ativan often causes a withdrawal syndrome, and therefore if you feel an intense side effect, the treatment should be stopped.