An advance of the benign prostatic hyperplasia depends on the production of hormones and associated growth promoting substances. A cause of the increase of the adenoid tissue is a high activity of enzyme 5-alpha-reductase in more than 70% of cases. Avodart drug can block the activity of this enzyme and stop the inflammation of prostate.
Avodart is a selective inhibitor of steroid 5-alpha-reductase type 1 and 2. This medicine prevents the formation of the active androgen dihydrotestosterone which is synthesized under the action of 5-alpha-reductase. Avodart contains Dutasteride that gives a good account of itself as a product for alopecia and prostatitis.
A normal balance of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone is restored under the action of Avodart, due to which an inflammation of the adenoid tissue is reduced, the work of the urinary system is improved, and the main symptoms of prostatitis such as often urination, lower abdominal pain, pain in perinea region, pass, and the sexual function is restored.
Avodart also prevents the hair loss of men and is able to restore a normal hair growth. Avodart is a completely safe medicine for men and does not cause adverse effects which could cause pathologic changes in the body functioning.
Indications for the use
- Treatment and prevention of the progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Androgenetic male-pattern baldness
In what dose is Avodart used?
The standard dose of Avodart is 0,5 mg per day for most men. The capsules are taken orally, once per day with enough water. Avodart 0,5 mg begins acting within 24 hours after the first use and regulates a hormone balance within 1-3 months.
The use of Avodart 0,5 mg more than once per day does not lead to the faster effect, and therefore it is pointless to take the additional dose which will not bring more effective therapy.
The use of Avodart in the dose increasing the normal daily dose of 0,5 mg by 80 times will not lead to the intense side effects. The overdose with Avodart is hardly probable because of a good metabolism of Dutasteride and a high pharmacological safety.
- Using Avodart with hormone corticosteroids, antibiotics, and anti-inflammatory products does not cause a significant medical interaction
- Avodart can interact only with drugs which are metabolized with the help of CYP3A4. In this case, a concentration of Dutasteride may be slightly increased in the blood
- Avodart should not be used by teenagers under 18 years old
- Avodart should be carefully used during diseases of liver, especially hepatic failure
- The preclinical studies showed that Avodart could cause a retarded development of the external genitals in fetus. So this drug is contraindicated for women of the reproductive age
- If you took other inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase and they caused an allergic reaction, Avodart is not recommended.