A human may have a disorder of psychical equilibrium as a result of a severe stress or long-term emotional tension. Depression is the first sign of the disorder of the central nervous system. In order to arrange your mind, Celexa maybe used.
Celexa is an antidepressant of the new generation which helps to control an emotional state of the human. It contains Citalopram which works by means the serotonin reuptake inhibition. As most antidepressants, Celexa enhances serotonin level. This hormone of “happiness” has a significant influence on the physical equilibrium of the human.
Using Celexa, a human is more calm, obsession, fear, and phobia disappear, mood is improved, energy is increased, and a mental activity is improved.
Celexa does not provide a sedative action, and therefore sleepiness or lack of energy is not felt during the use of the pills. You will feel an emotional lift which will lead to the complete disappearance of the depression symptoms.
Indications for the use
- Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anorexia or bulimia of psychogenic origin
In what dose is Celexa used?
Celexa is taken in the dose of one pill per day at any time. Remember that the pill should be swallowed and taken with enough water.
In case of the first symptoms of the depression, it is necessary to begin taking Celexa in the dose of 20 mg per day. The pills of Celexa 20 mg should be used with the interval of 24 hours. If there is no intense antidepressive effect within 2 weeks, the dose of Celexa can be increased by two times, and a pill of Celexa 20 mg will be used in the morning and evening.
Patients over 60 years old should take Celexa 10 mg 1-2 times per day depending on the sensitivity to Citalopram. If a metabolism of Citalopram is broken because of the renal/hepatic diseases, the maximal daily dose of Celexa is 10 mg.
In case of the overdose of Celexa, a patient may have side effects such as convulsive seizures, high sweating, tachycardia, vomiting, and nausea. During the signs of the overdose, it is necessary to have a stomach lavage and consult a doctor.
- Celexa can be used in combination with other antidepressants to enhance the effect but only if these antidepressants are from other medical groups (except MAO inhibitors)
- In case of the interaction of Celexa with MAO inhibitors, severe side effects may appear
- To prevent serotonin syndrome, Celexa is not prescribed with medicines which enhance a concentration of serotonin (especially drugs on the base of Citalopram)
- Do not take Celexa with opioid analgesics
- Celexa is contraindicated during alcohol intoxication, psychoactive or drug intoxication
- Celexa is not prescribed during pregnancy, renal failure
- If you took MAO inhibitors, it is necessary to wait for 14 days before the beginning of taking Celexa.