Every woman probably knows what thrush is. And even if you have not had the thrush symptoms, it does not mean that you are completely protected from this disease. Thrush is not dangerous but it brings a lot of unpleasant sensations, and Diflucan can cope with them.
Diflucan is considered the best medicine for the treatment of thrush and infections caused by fungi. ItsmainactiveingredientisFluconazole.
A high efficiency of Diflucan against yeast and yeast-like fungi, mold fungi and dermatophyte has been proved during medical studies. The active ingredients of Diflucan are quickly absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract and the maximal concentration of Fluconazole in the blood is achieved in 60-90 minutes.
A great advantage of Diflucan is an easy penetration into all liquids and cells of human, including saliva, accumulation of the bronchi secretion, cerebrospinal fluid, and in all layers of the skin.
Indications for the use
- All forms of Candida, including Candida on the background of immunodeficiency and immunosuppressive therapy
- cryptococcal meningitis
- cryptococcosis prophylaxis in immunodeficiency patients
- Athlete’s foot
In what dose is Diflucan used?
Due to the high bioavailability of Diflucan and its penetration into all liquids and cells, it is enough to take just one-time dose during the treatment of some forms of candidiasis.
If vaginal candidiasis, women are recommended to take a pill of Diflucan 150 mg and have a medical examination in 7-10 days. If chronic forms of the genital candidiasis of women, Diflucan 150 mg is taken once per month within a year.
The medical doses during other forms of candidiasis vary from 50 to 150 mg per day depending on the severity and symptoms of disease.
In the treatment of cryptococcosis, the daily dose of Diflucan is 200-400 mg. The drug is used within 7-14 days, and then a medical examination is performed.
The overdose of Diflucan is hardly probable because Fluconazole is well tolerated and does not create the active metabolites in the body. However, there are cases of the overdose in medical practice; patients take more than 2000 mg of Diflucan at once. The first signs of the overdose with Diflucan are hallucinations, and paranoid behavior. If these signs appear, consult a doctor.
- Psychomotor effect can be increased during the interaction of Diflucan with some drugs from the group of benzodiazepines
- Diflucan can enhance the efficiency of cyclosporine antibiotics but only during the properly selected dose
- Drugs/products containing ethanol should be avoided during the use of Diflucan
- It is important to take Diflucan until the complete disappearance of the disease symptoms because the early cessation of the treatment can cause a relapse
- Diflucan is stopped in case of the development of the pathological disorders in kidneys or liver
- Do not take Diflucan during hepatic failure, severe cardiovascular diseases and pregnancy.