Beta-adrenoceptor blocking agents better work to control the blood pressure. They provide a prolonged action and relieve the heart work. One of the best beta-adrenoceptor blocking agents is Inderal.
Inderal is a popular product for the treatment of the cardiovascular diseases and has a broad-spectrum action. It blocks beta-adrenoceptors which are located in the heart and influence on many physiological processes. Stimulating these receptors, the heart contraction is increased, and the blood pressure goes up.
Inderal contains an active ingredient Propranolol which can partially or completely (depending on the dose) block the action of beta-adrenoceptors and reduce their influence on the cardiac muscle.
Using Inderal there is a stable lowering of the blood pressure which can be controlled within a long period. Inderal also reduced a need of myocardium in oxygen, so that the load to the cardiac muscle is reduced.
According to many studies, Inderal has a positive influence on the basic functions of the cardiovascular system, due to which it can be used in the treatment and prevention of the different pathologies.
Indications for the use
- Arterial hypertension
- renal hypertension
- anxiety state
- essential tremor
- Withdrawal symptoms
In what dose is Inderal used?
Inderal is taken in low daily dose within the first two weeks in order to analyze a therapeutic effect and improve a medical image. Patients are prescribed a pill of Inderal 40 mg 2 times per day with the interval of 8-12 hours.
If a patient did not have side effects within 2 weeks, and it is necessary to increase the therapeutic effect, the dose of Inderal is increased by two times up to 160 mg per day.
The pills of Inderal 80 mg are taken in the morning and evening regardless of the use. If you skipped a dose, do not take double dose. Wait for the next time of taking Inderal 80 mg and continue the treatment strictly according to the instruction.
In case of the overdose with Inderal, a crucial blocking of beta-adrenoceptors may occur, so that a patient may have the following side effects: bradycardia, dizziness, low blood pressure, fainting, convulsions, and cardiac failure.
In case of the first signs of the overdose, a patient should have a gastric lavage, cardiostimulator and atropine (anticholinergic drug).
- Inderal prolongs an action of muscle relaxants, and therefore their dose should be adjusted
- Using Inderal with lidocaine, the extraction of the drug slows down, so that it can be accumulated in the body and cause side effects
- Inderal may be used with nitrates, diuretics and other hypotensive products but the dose of these drugs should be adjusted because they lead to the reduction of the blood pressure
- Do not take Inderal with MAO inhibitors because a chance of the side effects is increased
- Before taking Inderal, make sure that you do not have a heart failure, bradycardia, and disorders of the peripheral blood flow
- If you have bronchial asthma or other severe forms of obstruction of the airways, Inderal is not recommended
- Inderal is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.