The main problem during the obesity treatment is hunger. Patients consuming a lot of food has an extended stomach and they are constantly hungry. In order to cope with hunger and get rid of the excessive weight Meridia may be used.
Meridiais a medicine for the obesity treatment which helps to reduce hunger. It contains an active ingredient Sibutramine.
The mechanism of action of Meridia is unique. This drug is similar to Phentermine but has fewer side effects. The mechanism of the action of Meridia consists in the influence on the physiology of some parts of the brain which are responsible for hunger. Using this drug enhances the level of serotonin and noradrenaline. These neurotransmitters stimulate the centers of satiation due to which the human is not hungry.
A pill of Meridia will help to control hunger within entire day. A person does not eat more food, and the body makes up a calorie deficit by means of the accumulated fats. A creation of the negative calorie value is an effective way to lose weight. This process will be faster with the help of Meridia and the exhausted diets will be avoided.
Indications for the use
- Obesity treatment in patients over 18 years old and with the body mass index more than 35
A short-term use of Meridia is not effective (within 1-2 weeks). In order to achieve a stable weight loss and change your body, it is necessary to take pills of Meridia within 3-4 months.
The obesity treatment is started from the minimal dose of Meridia 10 mg. you should lose at least 2 weeks within the first 4 weeks (if the proper diet is followed). If there is no effect within this period, the dose of Meridia is increased up to 15 mg per day.
Meridia 15 mg can be used not more than once per day. A regular use of Meridia 15 mg will reduce the body weight by 7-10% within 3-6 months depending on diet and physical activity. Do not take Meridia more than 6 months.
In case of the overdose with Meridia, a side effect of Sibutramine will be increased and the following side effects will appear: tachycardia, severe headache, high blood pressure, and vomiting. There is no universal medicine for the overdose, and therefore it is necessary to have a gastric lavage during these symptoms and a symptomatic treatment should be used under doctor’s control.
- Meridia interacts with the central nervous system and favors the increase of the serotonin and noradrenaline level, and therefore this medicine should not be used with drugs of the central action such as antipsychotic products, anti-anxiety products, antidepressants, and opioid analgesics
- Meridia is strictly contraindicated being used with MAO inhibitors
- The simultaneous use of drugs to increase the blood pressure with Meridia may cause side effects in the cardiovascular system
- The use of Meridia is strictly contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation
- Do not take Meridia during mental disorders of the eating behavior
- If severe diseases of the cardiovascular system, kidneys, and liver, Meridia may be used only by doctor’s recommendation and in the minimal dose
- If allergy or other severe side effects appear during the use of Meridia, stop the treatment.