The modern medicine is able to cope with some forms of the oncological diseases, and today cancer is not a sentence. Nolvadex can slow down a growth of the cancerous cells by reducing a production of hormones which cause the increase of the malignant tumors.
Nolvadex is one of the most effective antiestrogens which has been approved by FDA for the treatment of the oncological diseases. A correct therapy with Nolvadex allows to completely stop a development of the cancerous tumor and enhance the length of patient’s life.
Nolvadex contains an active ingredient Tamoxifen. This ingredient prevents a release of the estrogens in the tumors, and so it prevents a cancerous cell fission. This drug is effective only in cases when an oncology disease is stimulated by the estrogen receptors and they are present in the tumors.
Nolvadex can be used during the main therapy of the oncology diseases, as well as during prevention to block remaining cancerous cells. It has been medically proved that Nolvadex is absolutely safe for the human body and does not cause a medical addiction.
Indications for the use
- Treatment of breast cancer in women of reproductive age and menopause
- Treatment of breast cancer in men
- Treatment of endometrial cancer
- Treatment and prevention of prostate cancer
- Treatment of malignant tumors of the pituitary gland
- Stimulation of ovulation
- Restoring the level of gonadotropin-releasing hormone, after receiving pharmacological agents with high androgenic activity
In what dose is Nolvadex used?
After making a diagnosis, Nolvadex is taken in the minimal daily dose of 20 mg in order to check the sensitivity of the body to Tamoxifen. The pills of Nolvadex 20 mg are used once per day at any time, with a full glass of water.
If the side effects are absent within 2-3 weeks, the dose of Nolvadex is increased up to 40 mg per day. If the use of a one-time dose of Nolvadex 40 mg causes a discomfort in the stomach, the daily dose can be divided into 2 parts and Nolvadex 20 mg will be taken in the morning and evening.
The length of the therapy is determined on the basis of the regular medical examination. On the average, a successful therapy of the oncology diseases takes 3 to 5 years.
Using Nolvadex in the dose of more than 100 mg per day can develop the symptoms of the overdose. In case of the overdose, the side effect of Tamoxifen is increased: severe side effects occur in the gastro-intestinal tract, lack of energy, vomiting, allergic reaction, and liver dysfunction happen.
There is no specific antidote during the overdose with Nolvadex, and that is why a symptomatic treatment is used.
- Using Nolvadex with Methotrexate, Cyclophosphamide, Sulfasalazine increases a risk of the thrombus
- Tegafur increases a toxicity of Nolvadex for liver, and so a combined use of these drugs is not recommended
- Nolvadex influences on the therapeutic activity of the anticoagulants, and therefore the adjustment of their doses is needed
- Do not take Nolvadex during pregnancy. If a pregnancy is detected during the treatment, stop taking the drug
- Nolvadex is contraindicated during allergic reactions to the active ingredient Tamoxifen, during thrombophlebitis, and severe forms of cataract.