They say that menopause appears in women over than 50 years old but the peculiar symptoms of menopause are typical for young women in recent times. It happens because of the estrogen deficit, a main sexual hormone of women. Premarin will help to makeup a deficit of estrogens.
Premarin is a hormone drug which contains a mixture of horse estrogens of the natural origin which are completely identical to endogenic estrogens. This is a drug of the hormone replacement therapy which is used during the deficit of estrogens in the female body.
A low level of estrogens in women can cause pathological changes in the reproductive function and endocrine system. A woman may have the signs of menopause, and then a woman loses an ability to become pregnant, and then disorders of pituitary occur, and so on. Using Premarin restores a reproductive function, makes up a deficit of estrogens in the female body, and menstrual cycle is regulated.
Indications for the use
- Female infertility
- Amenorrhea (primary and/or secondary)
- Atrophic vaginitis and urethritis
- Ovarian Insufficiency
- Disorder of pituitary function due to lack of estrogen
- Breast cancer
- Prevention of osteoporosis and coronary heart disease
In what dose is Premarin used?
Depending on the medical image, Premarin is prescribed for a short period – 3-4 months, or on a regular basis during severe pathologies.
A pill of Premarin contains 0,625 or 1,25 mg of the female sexual hormones. If the prolonged therapy of the estrogen failure, women are recommended to take a pill of Premarin 0,625 mg per day. The treatment may last for 6 months or several years.
In case of the repetitive use of Premarin for the recovery of the endocrine system and treatment of the early signs of menopause, it is recommended to take a pill of Premarin 1,25 mg per day.
In case of the overdose, there is a risk of the crucial stimulation of the estrogen receptors, so that the following side effects may appear: bleeding from the genital organs, headache, flushing, dizziness, and fainting.
- Premarin enhances the action of drugs used to lower the level of some lipids in the blood (Atorvastatin, Simvastatin, and others)
- Like endogenic estrogens, Premarin weakens the action of the antidepressants, indirect anticoagulants, diuretics, and hypotensive drugs
- To enhance a therapeutic action of Premarin, women are prescribed drugs for thyroid gland.
- Do not take Premarin during pregnancy or lactation. If you became pregnant during the treatment, cancel the use of Premarin
- Before using Premarin, it is necessary to have a gynecological examination and take all tests to detect malignant cells. If the cancerous cells are detected, it is necessary to refuse from Premarin
- Uterine myoma may be increased due to the therapy. An ultrasound investigation should be regularly done during the treatment