Muscle tightness may cause severe painful spasms. Common analgesics can only reduce pain but for a short period. In order to remove the muscle tightness and neutralize an acute pain, you will need a drug Soma.
Soma is a muscle relaxant of the new generation which relaxes the muscle tissue and has an analgesic action. It contains an active ingredient Carisoprodol.
A relaxation of the muscle tissue happens by means of the interaction of Soma with the receptors of the central nervous system. This drug slows down a motion of the painful impulses through the central nervous system, provides a myorelaxing and sedative action. During the agitation of the specific neurons in the central nervous system, it is possible to remove tension from the muscle tissue and gradually neutralize the muscle spasms.
Soma can reduce pain caused by the muscle spasms (convulsions). The drug action will begin in 20 minutes after the peroral use. The action of Soma lasts for 4-6 hours, and then the muscle tone is returned.
The muscle tightness can be completely removed within 2-3 weeks, but painful sensations and discomfort may be kept within several weeks. In order to reduce a period of rehabilitation, Soma is prescribed in combination with physiotherapeutic procedures, cardio and massage.
Indications for the use
- Relief of muscle spasms
- Acute pain during hypertonia of muscles or muscle injuries
In what dose is Soma used?
A tablet of Soma contains 350 mg of the active ingredient Carisoprodol. The tablets of Soma 350 mg should be used with the increase of the painful sensations and returning of the muscle tone.
The maximal daily dose of Soma is 1400 mg (4 tabs of Soma 350 mg). The most optimal scheme of the treatment of the muscle spasms suggests the use of a tablet of Soma 350 mg every 6 hours.
Soma 350 mg may be used within 30 days. If a therapeutic effect is absent within 30-day-cycle of the treatment, it is necessary to have a medical examination and specify a cause of the muscle spasms.
- Using Soma with anti-epileptic drugs increases the efficiency of Soma
- Alcohol in combination with Soma can enhance the attacks of dizziness, sleepiness, and prolonged faint
- Some antibiotics may enhance the action of Soma
- Do not take Soma with drugs which lower the blood pressure
- Soma is not prescribed patients under 5 years old because the influence of this drug on children is not studied
- Patients are not recommended to take Soma during bleedings from the gastro-intestinal tract or gastric ulcer
- If a patient has myasthenia, myotonia, or severe diseases of liver and/or heart, Soma may be used only after the doctor’s consultation
- The use of Soma and other muscle relaxants are not recommended during pregnancy.