Is it difficult for your child to focus attention or sit still? Does s/he hardly contact peers and acquire information? Your child probably has ADHD. This is a common disease among children, and it can be easily treated with the help of Strattera.
Strattera is the safest drug for the treatment of the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It contains an active ingredient Atomoxetine.
Psychostimulants used to use for the treatment of ADHD that have a lot of side effects. Strattera is not a psychostimulant, has a completely different mechanism of the action and does not cause severe side effects in children.
Strattera is a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor. The medical studies have proved that Strattera can provide a stable around-the-clock control of the ADHD symptoms in both adults, and children. But children better react to the therapeutic action of this drug and the cognitive functions are quickly improved.
Using Strattera enhances attention, ability to educate, makes a human more modest, calmer, and social skills are improved. All actions are calculated because noradrenaline includes special parts of the brain which work only in urgent cases.
Strattera may be used even by patients with some mental disorders. It does not cause a medical addiction and euphoria as psychostimulants on the base of amphetamine.
Indications for the use
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults and children older than 6 years
- Combination therapy of cognitive disorders and psychological disorders
In what dose is Strattera used?
The daily dose of Strattera depends on the age and body weight of a patient. Patients with the body weight less than 70 kg are recommended to take 0,5 mg of Strattera per 1 kg of the body weight (the daily dose of Strattera will be 25 mg if the body weight is less than 50 kg). patients with the body weight more than 70 mg are prescribed 40-80 mg of Strattera per day depending on the severity of the ADHD symptoms.
The dose is adjusted during the treatment depending on the intensity of the therapeutic action. The maximal daily dose of Strattera is 120 mg. The dose is increased and reduced gradually in order to reduce the risk of the acute conditions of the ADHD symptoms.
The most common symptom of the overdose is a severe sleepiness. The signs of the overdose with Strattera are alsotachycardia, excessive agitation, blurred vision, vomiting, and convulsions.
It is necessary to have a gastric lavage during the overdose with Strattera.
- Atomoxetine should be carefully used by patients taking stimulants of beta2-adrenoceptors because their effect to the cardo-vascular system may be enhanced.
- Using Strattera with drugs influencing on the central nervous system and concentration of noradrenaline, regularly visit your physician
- Do not take Strattera with MAO inhibitors
- Strattera is contraindicated during severe cardiovascular diseases, glaucoma, convulsive attacks, and disorder of the cerebral blood circulation
- Do not take Strattera during pregnancy and lactation
- Children under 6 years old are not recommended Strattera because the action of the drug is not completely studies in this age group of patients.