It is impossible cure of herpes virus. It penetrates into the central nervous system and lives there for life. But you can easily prevent the appearance of the symptoms of herpes or reduce the severity by taking Zovirax.
Zovirax is an antiviral medicine which neutralizes herpes virus and helps the body to quickly cope with its symptoms. Zovirax contains an active ingredient Acyclovir.
The main task of Zovirax is to quickly stop the inflammatory process caused by herpes virus and accelerate a regeneration of the affected tissue. Using the drug reduces itching, pain, and zone of the affection.
Zovirax blocks the action of herpes virus on the cellular level, and therefore it copes with the symptoms and reduces the relapses of herpes. Herpes virus becomes less active under the action of Acyclovir, and it seldom causes an acute condition even during the influence of the originators.
Zovirax may be used by patients with reduced immune status.
Indications for the use
- Treatment of inflammatory diseases of the skin and mucous membranes, herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2 (including primary and recurrent genital herpes)
- Treatment of inflammatory diseases of the skin, caused by Varicella zoster (shingles and chicken pox)
- prevention of infectious diseases caused by herpes virus in patients with immunodeficiency disease, as well as during bone marrow transplantation and kidneys transplantation.
In what dose is Zovirax used?
Zovirax is produced in the form of tablets for the oral use and ointment for the external administration. A choice of a medical form depends on the site of the inflammations and type of herpes virus.
To effectively inhibit herpes symptoms, an intense medical therapy is needed. The use of the tablets of Zovirax 200 mg should be used every 4 hours (5 times per day) if you noticed the first signs of the virus attack. The tablets can be taken regardless of meals but with a glass of water. A general daily Dose is 1000 mg. Zovirax is taken within 5 days according this scheme.
If labial herpes, cream or ointment of Zovirax is applied. It is applied with a thin layer to the affected area 5 times per day within 5 days.
Acyclovir is partially absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract, and therefore a risk of the overdose is low. The obvious signs of the overdose are disorders in the gastro-intestinal tract (nausea, vomiting) and neurological symptoms (headache and confusion).
- acyclovir is excreted intactly with urine by means of the active tubular secretion. It is not accumulated in the body and does not take part in metabolism of other medical products. According to the data of the medical studies. A significant medical interaction of Zovirax with other medical products have not been detected.
- consume a lot of water during the use of Zovirax in tablets
- if you have renal or hepatic failure, take Zovirax carefully and regularly check the functions of these organs
- children under 3 years old are not prescribed Zovirax in the tablets. Only external administration is recommended.