Pregnancy not always starts when you simply want it. Sometimes a woman has to use drugs to conceive a child. Let’s look at such medications in greater detail. Pregnancy is a special condition of the female body, when an embryo (fetus) is constantly growing and developing in woman’s reproductive organs.
It arises from the unification of the sex cells of a women and a man in the fallopian tube. As a result, a zygote is formed, which consists of 46 chromosomes. As for the sex of the future child, it will depend on a set of human sex chromosomes – these are “XX” or “XY” chromosomes.
Drugs Which Can Help to Get Pregnant
The problems, which can lead to a situation where a woman can’t become pregnant, are very diverse. Therefore, drugs which help to become pregnant are divided into different types:
- Medication which prepare follicle-stimulating and luteinizing hormones (FSH and LH).
- Medication which prepare progesterone and hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotromin).
In general, for a normal healthy women to become pregnant, it is obvious to correctly fulfil the following three main conditions:
- Successful process of ovulation.
- Sperm of the sexual partner must impregnate the egg.
- Embryo should be well established in the uterus.
When understanding which of these phases needs treatment, doctors prescribe some of the following medications:
- FSH and LH drugs help become pregnant by stimulating the process of ovulation. They are responsible for the growth of follicles in the ovaries;
- HGH preparations help the largest follicle to maintain its volume and bring the egg to the sperm that is obliged to fertilize it;
Progesterone is necessary for the preparation of the inner layer of the uterus for attaching an embryo to it. Also, it helps to safely endure the fetus without harming it.
Who Needs Ovulation Stimulation?
If you have been interested in the question “Why can’t I become pregnant?” for a long time, you should search for an answer in the clinic and undergo special examinations. It is advisable for your spouse to do the same. This will help to quickly identify the cause of your problem.
Most likely, doctors will prescribe drugs to stimulate ovulation, like Clomid. The reasons why you need to take it:
- If your attempts to become pregnant are unsuccessful throughout the year;
- If you or your spouse is older than 35-40 years old, and you cannot get pregnant within six months.
FSH and LH for Successful Ovulation
Under the action Clomid in the female ovary, the sacs on the surface of the ovary begin to grow vigorously. These are the follicles, in which one egg is ripened. In order to stimulate their growth, such medications as Clomid are prescribed. It is relatively safe for your health and side effects are pretty rare. Also, it doesn’t matter how you will stimulate pregnancy (naturally or in the hospital). Nevertheless, pay attention to some of the most common problems, which patients usually meet during the course of this medication.
Allergic reactions to the components of the drug and effects in the digestive system are rare. Other side effects may involve increase in body weight, reduced visual acuity, alopecia and soreness in the mammary glands.
Clomid increases the likelihood of multiple pregnancies. The drug is effective with a sufficient level of endogenous estrogens, less effective with a low level of estrogens and is practically ineffective with low concentration of gonadotropic hormones.
During the course of Clomid treatment, constant ovarian function monitoring and vaginal examinations are necessary.